Work At Height
Duration: 1/2 day (Max 8 trainees)
Venue: Renewables Academy at Wexford Training Centre
Certification: Renewables Academy (valid for 3 years)
This course is designed to provide trainees with the skills needed to carry our work at height safely.
The objectives of the course are such that, on completion, delegates will be able:
- To understand legislation and regulation covering work at height
- To identify typical hazards relevant to working at height
- To know the importance of risk assessment prior to carrying out work at height
- To be able to identify, inspect, fit, correctly adjust and use PFPE (harness/lanyard)
- To be aware of the importance of having a rescue plan prior to work at height commencing
What you get
- Theory element will include multimedia supplemented by video/power point and hand-outs
- Practical element will include PFPE inspections, fitting and correct adjustment of a variety of appropriate equipment.
- Theory and practical tests must be successfully completed and evaluation sheets used.
- Tasks typical to the trainees normal work will be explored , discussed and controls suggested and evaluated