Work At Height Training
Duration: 1/2 day (Max 8 trainees)
Venue: Renewables Academy at Wexford Training Centre
Certification: Renewables Academy (valid for 3 years)
Work at Height is described by the HSA as ‘ work in any place, including a place at, above or below ground level, where a person could be injured if they fell from that place’.
This course is designed to provide trainees with the skills needed to carry out work at height safely.
The objectives of the course are such that, on completion, delegates will be able to:
- Understand legislation and regulation covering work at height
- Identify and be aware of the typical hazards relevant to working at height
- Know the importance of risk assessment prior to carrying out work at height
- Be able to identify, inspect, fit, correctly adjust and use PFPE (Personal Fall Protective Equipment i.e harness/lanyard)
- Be aware of the importance of having a rescue plan prior to commencing working at height
What you get
- Theory element will include multimedia supplemented by video/power point and hand-outs
- Practical element will include PFPE inspections, fitting and correct adjustment of a variety of appropriate equipment.
- Theory and practical tests must be successfully completed and evaluation sheets used.
- Tasks typical to the trainees normal work will be explored , discussed and controls suggested and evaluated
If you have any questions about our Work at Height Training course please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
Tel: 053 9121929 or email email@example.com