Duration: 1/2 day (Max 6 trainees)
Venue: Customers premises
Certification: Renewables Academy (valid for 3 years)
This course is designed to raise awareness of dangers caused when large vehicles are reversing and manoeuvring. It also introduces physical techniques and hand signals to assist drivers in these activities.
The objectives of the course are such that, on completion, delegates will be able:
- To understand legislation and regulations
- To identify areas of danger within the site
- To ensure safe passage of large reversing rigid and articulating vehicles
- To demonstrate recommended code of signals
- To show understanding of the risks and hazards attached to working as a vehicle banksman
What you get
- Theory element will include multimedia supplemented by video/power point and hand-outs
- Practical element will include identifying and securing the reversing area for the vehicle, guiding the vehicle/s into and out of the area safely and showing good safety awareness during the exercise.
- Trainees will be required to wear all recommended PPE during the practical exercise.
- Trainees should be familiar with the latest version of the highway code.
- A suitable dedicated area must be provided for the practical exercise
- A suitable vehicle of similar type the yard is usually in receipt of to be supplied.