Duration: 1 day (Max 10 trainees)
Venue: Renewables Academy at Wexford Training Centre
Certification: Solas CSCS (valid for 4 years)
This course is a theory based safety awareness program for construction workers. It is a one day course whose aim is to raise awareness of the hazards and risks and safeguard the health and safety of all workers. A safe pass card confirms that the holder has attended a formal course in health and safety and can carry out their work activities without risk to themselves or others.
The objectives of the course are such that, on completion, delegates will be able:
- To understand legislation and regulations covering health and safety at work
- To understand the principle of accident prevention and reporting
- To know the importance of health and hygiene at work
- To be aware of manual handling and working at heights hazards and controls
- To be aware of a wide range of work based hazards EG – electricity-underground /overhead- use of vehicles- noise/vibrations- excavations and confined space.
What you get
- Theory element will include multimedia supplemented by video/power point and hand-outs
- Theory test must be successfully completed and evaluation sheets used.
- Successful candidates will be awarded a SOLAS safe pass card (Valid for 4 years)