Duration: ½ day
Venue: Renewables Academy at Wexford Training Centre
Certification: Renewables Academy (Valid for 3 years)
This course is designed to enable trainees to carry out manual handling in the working environment in a safe manner.
The objectives of the course are such that, on completion, delegates will be able to:
- Demonstrate understanding of the importance of carrying out work duties in a safe and sound manner in accordance with the legislative requirements
- Identify aspects of their job tasks that could increase a worker’s risk of developing muscular/ skeletal injuries
- Demonstrate understanding of safe practices of Manual Handling, including the correct handling of equipment.
- Identify signs and symptoms of injuries related to poor Manual Handling techniques and have knowledge of reporting methods
- Demonstrate a problem solving approach to Manual Handling in a typical work environment
- Demonstrate Manual Handling risk reduction techniques
What you get
The course takes place in the classroom and contains a mix of theory lessons and practical exercises. The course covers:
- Legislation and regulation
- Risks and hazards – Risks and hazards in the work environment
- Spinal anatomy and posture – Muscular skeletal injuries spinal anatomy and posture, shoulder anatomy, symptom awareness, reporting method
- Planning lifts – T.I.L.E. principle
- Risk control and lifting techniques – Further control measures, safe lifting techniques
- Behavioral safety – Consequences of incorrect manual handling, causes of injuries
- Scenario-based training – Practice in safe lifting techniques
Successful delegates will receive a Renewables Academy Certificate of training.
(Successful completion involves passing a short, multiple-choice written exam and satisfactory assessment of the delegate during the practical exercises.)