M.E.W.P. (mobile elevated work platform)
Duration: 1 day (Max 8 trainees)
Venue: Renewables Academy at Wexford Training Centre
Certification: Renewables Academy (valid for 5 years)
This course is designed to deliver scissor lift and boom lift operator training to beginners and experienced operators.
The objectives of the course are such that, on completion, delegates will be able:
- To understand legislation and regulation covering work at height
- To carry out and record a pre use inspection of both scissor lift and boom lift types of MEWP
- To be able to identify and either mark or isolate potential ground and overhead hazards prior to and while using MEWP’s
- To be aware of the importance of having a rescue plan prior to work at height commencing
- To safely inspect, fit and adjust appropriate PFPE while operating an MEWP
- To safely mount, operate all controls, position and achieve an elevated target while using both types of MEWP.
- To safely lower (including emergency lowering) both types of MEWP
What you get
- Theory element will include multimedia supplemented by video/power point and hand-outs
- Practical element will include PFPE inspections, fitting and correct adjustment of appropriate PFPE. Deploying of each MEWP, its correct use and safe parking after use.
- Theory and practical tests must be successfully completed and evaluation sheets used.
- Tasks typical to the trainees normal work will be discussed and demonstrated with trainees.