M.E.W.P. (Mobile Elevated Work Platform) Training
Duration: 1 day (Max 8 trainees)
Venue: Renewables Academy at Wexford Training Centre
Certification: Renewables Academy (valid for 5 years)
Falls from height are one of the most common causes of injury at work. Therefore it is critical that anyone working at height understands how to work safely and responsibly. This M.E.W.P. (Mobile Elevated Work Platform) course is designed to deliver scissor lift and boom lift operator training for beginners and experienced operators.
The objectives of the course are such that, on completion, delegates will be able to:
- Understand legislation and regulation covering work at height
- Carry out and record a pre-use inspection of both scissor lift and boom lift types of MEWP
- Be able to identify and either mark or isolate potential ground and overhead hazards prior to and while using MEWP’s
- Be aware of the importance of having a rescue plan prior to work at height commencing
- Inspect, fit and adjust appropriate PFPE (Personal Fall Protection Equipment) while operating a MEWP
- Safely mount, operate all controls, position and achieve an elevated target while using both types of MEWP.
- Safely lower (including emergency lowering) both types of MEWP
What you get
- Theory element will include multimedia supplemented by video/power point and hand-outs
- Practical element will include PFPE inspections, fitting and correct adjustment of appropriate PFPE. Deploying of each MEWP, its correct use and safe parking after use.
- Theory and practical tests must be successfully completed and evaluation sheets used.
- Tasks which will be typical to the trainees normal work will be discussed and demonstrated.
If you have any questions about our M.E.W.P. (Mobile Elevated Work Platform) course course please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
Tel: 053 9121929 or email firstname.lastname@example.org