Lorry Mounted Crane (HIAB)
Duration: 1/2 day (Max 6 trainees)
Venue: Customers premesis
Certification: Renewables Academy (valid for 3 years)
This course is designed to provide trainees with the skills and knowledge needed to safely load, unload and move materials using a lorry mounted crane.
The objectives of the course are such that, on completion, delegates will be able:
- To understand the relevant legislation and regulations
- To carry out and record a pre use inspection of a lorry mounted crane
- To identify and secure a safe “SET UP AREA” for the machine
- To deploy the stabilization system (outriggers) correctly
- To identify and operate all of the machine controls safely
- To assess the load for safe lifting
- To reset the crane correctly prior to driving
What you get
- Theory element will include multimedia supplemented by video/power point and hand-outs
- Practical element will include pre-use inspection, safe use of and stowage after use of the lorry mounted crane.
- Theory and practical tests must be successfully completed and evaluation sheets used.
- A Renewables Academy certificate will be awarded to successful candidates (Valid for 3 years)