GWO Manual Handling Training
Duration: ½ day
Venue: Renewables Academy at Wexford Training Centre
Certification: GWO (Global Wind Organisation) Valid for 2 years
Manual Handling is one element (of four) of the GWO Basic Safety Training which is required for all Wind Farm workers.
The holder of a GWO certificate is considered competent within Basic Safety in the wind industry and the members of GWO accept the holder of this certificate as possessing the required knowledge to stop an unsafe work situation.
The aim of this Module is to give the participants awareness through theoretical and practical training to encourage positive Manual Handling behaviour and to perform Manual Handling activities in a safe manner in the wind turbine industry/environment, in accordance with GWO Manual Handling.
The objectives of the course are such that, on completion, delegates will be able to:
- Demonstrate understanding of the importance of carrying out work duties in a safe and sound manner in accordance with the legislative requirements of their geographic work location
- Identify aspects of their job tasks that could increase a worker’s risk of developing muscular/ skeletal injuries
- Demonstrate understanding of safe practices of Manual Handling, including the correct handling of equipment
- Identify signs and symptoms of injuries related to poor Manual Handling techniques and have knowledge of reporting methods
- Demonstrate a problem solving approach to Manual Handling in a wind turbine environment
- Demonstrate Manual Handling risk reduction techniques
What you get
The course takes place in the classroom and contains a mix of theory lessons and practical exercises. The course covers:
- Legislation – Global and National
- Risks and hazards – Risks and hazards in the wind turbine industry
- Spinal anatomy and posture – Muscular skeletal injuries spinal anatomy and posture, shoulder anatomy, symptom awareness, reporting method
- Planning lifts – T.I.L.E. principle
- Risk control and lifting techniques – Further control measures, safe lifting techniques
- Behavioural safety – Consequences of incorrect manual handling, causes of injuries
- Scenario-based training – Practice in safe lifting techniques
Successful delegates will receive a GWO Certificate of training and their training will be logged on the WINDA database of wind industry training records.
(Successful completion involves passing a short, multiple-choice written exam and satisfactory assessment of the delegate during the practical exercises.)
Delegates should be physically fit and capable of fully participating in the course, particularly all of the practical exercises.
Delegates will be required to sign a statement declaring that they are medically fit to complete the training and that they do not suffer from any medical illness or are under the influence of alcohol or narcotics.
If you have any questions about our GWO Manual Handling Training course please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
Tel: 053 9121929 or email firstname.lastname@example.org