GWO Fire Awareness Training
- Duration: 1/2 day
- Venue: Renewables Academy Wexford
- Certification: GWO Certificate of Training and training logged on to the WINDA database
The objectives of the course are such that, on completion, delegates will be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge of the development and spread of fire
- Demonstrate knowledge of the causes of fires in wind turbines and the dangers related to this
- Identify any sign of a fire in a Wind Turbine Generator (WTG) environment.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the contingency plans in a wind turbine environment including smoke detection and emergency escape procedures
- Demonstrate correct actions on discovering a fire including correct operation and fire extinguishing by means of the fire fighting equipment in a WTG
What you get
The course takes place in the classroom and contains a mix of theory lessons and practical exercises. The course covers:
- Legislation – Global and National
- Fire combustion and fire spread – Types of fires, “square of combustion”, fire spread, smoke gasses
- Fire extinction – Contingency plan, assessing the fire, fire classes
- Fire prevention – Fire hazards, fire prevention measures
- Fire fighting equipment in a WTG – Pre-use inspection, correct use of fire fighting equipment
- Practice and scenario-based training
Successful delegates of the GWO Fire Awareness Training course will receive a GWO Certificate of training and their training will be logged on the WINDA database of wind industry training records.
(Successful completion involves passing a short, multiple-choice written exam and satisfactory assessment of the delegate during the practical exercises.)
Delegates should be physically fit and capable of fully participating in the course, particularly all of the practical exercises.
Delegates will be required to sign a statement declaring that they are medically fit to complete the training and that they do not suffer from any medical illness or are under the influence of alcohol or narcotics
If you have any questions about our GWO Fire Awareness Training course please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
Tel: 053 9121929 or email firstname.lastname@example.org