Duration: 1, 2 or 3 Days
Venue: Renewables Academy at Wexford Training Centre
Certification: GWO (Global Wind Organization) (Valid for 2 years)
Advanced rescue is primarily a course based on the practical elements of rescue with a strong focus safety.
Broken into 4 modules as follows:
1: NTBR (Nacelle, Tower & Basement Rescue)
2: SR:NTBR (Single Rescuer: Nacelle, Tower & Basement Rescue)
3: HSIBR (Hub, Spinner, Inside Blade Rescue)
4: SR:HSIBR (Single Rescuer: Hub, Spinner, Inside Blade Rescue)
These 4 modules are available as one all inclusive unit as Combined Advanced Rescue.
The objectives of the course are such that, on completion, delegates will be able to demonstrate:
- How to plan, organize and effect entry type injured person rescue operations in a WTG (Wind Turbine Generator).
What you get
The course has elements of theory included covering rescue plans, procedures and preparation, the avoidance of injury to rescuers and casualties and effective communication before, during and after rescue.
- Practical exercises include a variety of rescue scenarios based on typical challenging locations within and outside a WTG
- Working both as a team and singly the logical steps of each rescue are followed and explained.
- Equipment, methods and techniques will exceed those of GWO work at height
- Trainees are expected to engage fully both with the course delivery and each other to successfully complete the course.
- Physically demanding, this course will develop your safety awareness, skill and competence levels in a range of situations and with a wide variety of industry standard equipment.
Successful delegates will receive a GWO Certificate of training and their training will be logged on the WINDA database of wind industry training records.
(Successful completion involves satisfactory assessment of the delegate during the practical exercises.)
This course is physically demanding so personnel must be medically fit and capable of fully participating in all elements of the training.
Delegates must be in possession of a current GWO Working at Height & Rescue, GWO Manual Handling and GWO first aid qualification and must have a WINDA ID Number.
Delegates will be required to sign a statement declaring that they are medically fit to complete the training and that they do not suffer from any medical illness or are under the influence of alcohol or narcotics.