Forklift Operator Training
Duration: 1-3 days (Max 3 trainees)
Venue: Renewables Academy at Wexford Training Centre
Certification: RTITB (valid for 3 years)
The Forklift Operator Training course is designed to provide trainees with the skills needed to operate a forklift safely and efficiently.
The objectives of the course are such that, on completion, delegates will be able to:
- Understand legislation and regulation covering use of a forklift
- Identify typical hazards relevant to forklift use
- Know the importance of load assessment and workplace hazard identification
- Be able to inspect a forklift prior to use and report defects
- Safely operate a forklift in a typical working environment
- Carry out typical vehicle loading unloading tasks using a forklift
What you get
- The theory element of your training will include multimedia supplemented by video/power point and hand-outs
- The practical element will include pre use inspection/fault reporting
- The Forklift Operator Training practical test is real task based and will include: picking up, transporting and depositing a variety of different loads at three heights, driving in forward and reverse through a range of obstacles and correct parking of the forklift when the operations are complete
- Theory and practical tests must be successfully completed and evaluation sheets used
Forklift Operator Training – Further information
- The length of course will be dependent on previous qualification/ forklift experience and length of time since last use.
- Generally experienced and qualified forklift operators will need 1 full day of training. Less experienced forklift operators or those without previous qualifications would typically need 2 full days while complete beginners would need 3 full days of training.
If you have any questions about our Forklift Operator Training course please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
Tel: 053 9121929 or email firstname.lastname@example.org