Duration: 1-3 days (Max 3 trainees)
Venue: Renewables Academy at Wexford Training Centre
Certification: RTITB (valid for 3 years)
This course is designed to provide trainees with the skills needed to operate a forklift safely and efficiently.
The objectives of the course are such that, on completion, delegates will be able:
- To understand legislation and regulation covering use of a forklift
- To identify typical hazards relevant to forklift use
- To know the importance of load assessment and workplace hazard identification
- To be able to inspect a forklift prior to use and report defects
- To safely operate a forklift in a typical working environment
- To carry out typical vehicle loading unloading tasks using a forklift
What you get
- Theory element will include multimedia supplemented by video/power point and hand-outs
- Practical element will include pre use inspection/fault reporting
- Practical test is real task based and will include picking up, transporting and depositing a variety of different loads at three heights, driving in forward and reverse through a range of obstacles and correct parking of the forklift when the operations are complete
- Theory and practical tests must be successfully completed and evaluation sheets used
- Length of course will be dependent on previous qualification/ experience and length of time since last use.
- Generally experienced and qualified operators need 1 full days training – less experienced or operators or those without previous qualifications would typically need 2 full days while complete beginners would need 3 full days.