First Aid Responder
Duration: 3 day (Max 8 trainees)
Venue: Renewables Academy at Wexford Training Centre
Certification: PHECC (valid for 2 years)
This course covers knowledge, practical skills and understanding of comprehensive range of topics to enable the candidate to provide and co-ordinate first aid in the workplace.
The objectives of the course are such that, on completion, delegates will be able:
- To understand legislation and regulations relevant to first aid
- To understand the responsibilities of occupational first aider
- To identify a variety of typical workplace based illness/injuries
- To know how to effectively assess and treat medical emergencies
- To be able to demonstrate essential life saving skills (CFR AED)
- To provide emergency first aid in the workplace
What you get
- Theory element will include multimedia supplemented by video/power point and hand-outs
- Practical element will include primary and secondary patient survey.
- AED/ CFR demonstration
- Appropriate treatment for choking, bleeding, unconscious patient and a wide variety of other typical work based conditions.
- Theory and practical tests must be successfully completed and evaluation sheets used