Fire Safety Awareness
Duration: 1/2 day (Max 8 trainees)
Venue: Renewables Academy at Wexford Training Centre
Certification: Renewables Academy (valid for 3 years)
Under section 19 of the Safety, Health and Welfare at Work Act 2005, employers are required to carry out a fire safety risk assessment which should include Fire Prevention, Fire Detection and Warning, and Emergency Escape and Fire Fighting. Sections 8, 9 and 10 of the 2005 Act require that sufficient information, training and supervision is provided to ensure the safety of employees.
The Fire Safety Awareness course is designed to provide participants with an understanding of fire and to familiarize them with fire hazards and to train them on how to behave safely in the event of an emergency fire situation.
This course is suitable for all employees in every sector of the workforce
The objectives of the course are such that, on completion, delegates will be able to:
- Understand fire safety legislation
- Understand fire physics and the chemistry of fire development
- Identify fire hazards in the workplace
- Be able to select and use appropriate fire fighting equipment
- Be aware of the fire evacuation procedures
What you get
- Theory element will include multimedia supplemented by video/power point and hand-outs
- Practical element will include fire fighting equipment identification and use (fire blankets/various types of fire extinguishers)
- Theory and practical tests must be successfully completed and evaluation sheets used.
If you have any questions about our Fire Safety Awareness course please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
Tel: 053 9121929 or email email@example.com