Chemical Safety Awareness
Duration: 1/2 day (Max 8 trainees)
Venue: Renewables Academy at Wexford Training Centre/Customers premises
Certification: Renewables Academy (valid for 3 years)
This course is designed to provide trainees with an awareness and understanding of chemical safety in the workplace. We can tailor this course to be specific to chemicals used on your site.
The objectives of the course are such that, on completion, delegates will be able:
- To understand legislation and regulation covering chemical agents (2001 S.I. N0.619 of 2001)
- To understand risk assessment principles and practice hazard identification in the workplace (M.S.D.S.)
- To understand the common causes of accidents involving chemicals in the workplace and elsewhere
- To correctly use all appropriate PPE
- To understand the specific hazards and the specific practices and controls employed to mitigate them.
What you get
- Theory element will include multimedia supplemented by video/power point and hand-outs
- Practical element will include PFPE inspections, fitting and correct adjustment of a variety of appropriate equipment.
- Theory and practical tests must be successfully completed and evaluation sheets used.
- Tasks typical to the trainees normal work will be explored , discussed and controls suggested and evaluated