Chemical Safety Awareness Training
Duration: 1/2 day (Max 8 trainees)
Venue: Renewables Academy at Wexford Training Centre/Customers premises
Certification: Renewables Academy (valid for 3 years)
This Chemical Safety Awareness Training is designed to provide trainees with an awareness and understanding of chemical safety in the workplace. We tailor each course to be specific to the chemicals used on your site.
Training can be provided at the Wexford Training Centre, or on site at the customers own premises.
The objectives of this course are such that, on completion, delegates will be able to:
- Understand legislation and regulation covering chemical agents (S.I. N0.619 of 2001, Safety, Health and Welfare At Work (Chemical Agents) Regulations, 2001
- Understand risk assessment principles and practice hazard identification in the workplace (M.S.D.S. – Material Safety Data Sheets)
- Understand the common causes of accidents involving chemicals in the workplace and elsewhere
- Correctly use all appropriate PPE (Personal Protective Equipment)
- Understand the specific hazards and the specific practices and controls employed to mitigate them
What you get
- Theory element will include multimedia supplemented by video/power point and hand-outs
- Practical element will include PFPE inspections, fitting and correct adjustment of a variety of appropriate equipment.
- Theory and practical tests must be successfully completed and evaluation sheets used.
- Tasks typical to the trainees normal work will be explored , discussed and controls suggested and evaluated
If you have any questions about our Chemical Safety Awareness Training course please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
Tel: 053 9121929 or email firstname.lastname@example.org