Basic Fire Warden Role
Duration: 1/2 day (Max 8 trainees)
Venue: Renewables Academy at Wexford Training Centre
Certification: Renewables Academy (valid for 3 years)
Under section 19 of the Safety, Health and Welfare at Work Act 2005, employers are required to carry out a fire safety risk assessment which should include Fire Prevention, Fire Detection and Warning and Emergency Escape and Fire Fighting. Sections 8, 9 and 10 of this 2005 Act require that sufficient information, training and supervision is provided to ensure the safety of employees.
This Basic Fire Warden Role course is designed to raise awareness of fire hazards, to train participants on how to behave safely in the event of an emergency fire situation and to assist with the safe evacuation from a fire in the workplace.
The objectives of the course are such that, on completion, delegates will be able to:
- Understand fire legislation
- Understand the physics of fire and the chemistry of fire development
- Raise the alarm and summon the fire brigade
- Be able to develop an action plan on hearing the fire alarm
- Be aware of evacuation procedures
- Correctly select, check and use a variety of fire fighting equipment
What you get
- Theory element will include multimedia supplemented by video/power point and hand-outs
- Practical element will include both identifying and using a selection of fire fighting equipment and supervising a simulated fire evacuation
- Theory and practical tests must be completed
- Successful candidates will be awarded with a Renewables Academy certificate (Valid for 3 years)
If you have any questions about our Basic Fire Warden course please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
Tel: 053 9121929 or email email@example.com