Abrasive Wheel Training
Duration: Half day (Max 8 trainees)
Venue: Renewables Academy at Wexford Training Centre
Certification: Renewables Academy (valid for 3 years)
Serious injury can occur through improper use of Abrasive Wheels. If you work with Abrasive Wheels then it is vitally important to know what you are doing, and to protect both yourself and others from harm.
This Abrasive Wheel Training course is designed for fitters and operators who mount and maintain abrasive wheels.
The objectives of the course are such that, on completion, delegates will be able to:
- Understand relevant legislation and health and safety standards
- Identify the parts of and markings on a variety of abrasive wheels
- Know the typical causes of accidents involving abrasive wheels
- Safely inspect, test and correctly store abrasive wheels
- Correctly identify the mounting components (washers, flanges, bushes and nuts) used in mounting abrasive wheels
- Correctly and safely select, handle and mount abrasive wheels
What you get
- Theory element will include multimedia supplemented by video/power point and hand-outs
- Practical element will include wheel inspections, fitting and correct adjustment of a variety of abrasive wheels.
- Theory and practical tests must be successfully completed
- Renewables Academy certificates will be awarded to successful candidates on completion of the Abrasive Wheels Training course.
If you have any questions about our Abrasive Wheel Training course please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
Tel: 053 9121929 or email email@example.com