Duration: 1/2 day (Max 8 trainees)
Venue: Renewables Academy at Wexford Training Centre
Certification: Renewables Academy (valid for 3 years)
This course is designed for fitters and operators who mount and maintain abrasive wheels.
The objectives of the course are such that, on completion, delegates will be able:
- To understand relevant legislation and health and safety standards
- To identify the parts of and markings on a variety of abrasive wheels
- To know the typical causes of accidents involving abrasive wheels
- To safely inspect, test and correctly store abrasive wheels
- To correctly identify the mounting components (washers, flanges, bushes and nuts) used in mounting abrasive wheels
- To correctly select, handle and mount abrasive wheels
What you get
- Theory element will include multimedia supplemented by video/power point and hand-outs
- Practical element will include wheel inspections, fitting and correct adjustment of a variety of abrasive wheels.
- Theory and practical tests must be successfully completed
- Renewables Academy certificates will be awarded to successful candidates.