Duration: 1 day
Venue: Wexford Training Centre
Certification: SOLAS CSCS License (Valid for 4 years)
Safe Pass is a safety awareness training programme for construction workers. It is a one-day programme to enable them to work on construction sites without being a risk to themselves or others. Employers are required by law to ensure that employees on construction sites carry Safe Pass cards. As a result, employers must ensure that all employees are properly trained.
The Safe Pass programme is operated and managed by SOLAS and aims to:
- Raise the standard of safety awareness in the construction industry
- Ensure that all construction site workers undergo basic health and safety awareness training with the view to making a positive contribution to the prevention of accidents and avoidance of health hazards
- Maintain a register of construction site and local authority workers who have received such health and safety training
- Provide all Safe Pass participants with a Safe Pass registration card that will indicate that the holders have attended a formal course in health and safety awareness
- The aims and objectives for promoting safety
- Health and Safety at Work Legislation
- Accident reporting and emergency procedures
- Accident prevention
- Health and Hygiene
- Manual Handling
- Working at Heights
- Working with Electricity, underground and over head services
- Use of hand held equipment
- Safe use of vehicles
- Noise and vibrations
- Excavations and confined spaces
What you get
Upon successful completion of the Safe Pass training programme participants will be registered with SOLAS and issued with a registration card.
Safe Pass registration cards need to be renewed every four years.