GWO / Renewable UK Work at Height & Rescue Refresher
Duration: 1 day
Venue: Renewables Academy at Wexford Training Centre
Certification: GWO (Global Wind Organisation)/ Renewable UK (Valid for 2 years)
Working at Heights is one element (of four) of the GWO Basic Safety Training which is required for all Wind Farm workers. This course aims to refresh learners’ knowledge and skills to work safely at heights in wind turbines and to respond correctly in emergency situations requiring evacuation and / or rescue of a colleague.
The objectives of the course are such that, on completion, delegates will be able to demonstrate:
- Knowledge of the hazards and risks specific to working at height in a WTG (Wind Turbine Generator)
- Understanding of current legislation regarding Working at Height
- Correct identification of PPE including European / global standards for harnesses, lanyards, helmets etc.
- Knowledge and skills to correctly inspect , use, store the appropriate PPE
- Correct identification of appropriate anchor points and correct ladder conduct
- Correct use of evacuation devices for both evacuation and rescue.
What you get
The course has a small element of theory / classroom activities with most of the day beingspent carrying out working at height practical exercises which take place in and on our 15 metre high custom designed training tower.
- Classroom sessions covering WAH PPE, rescue / evacuation equipment, Suspension Trauma.
- Practical exercises:
- Competent use of WAH PPE and fixed fall arrest systems
- High-level “confidence in equipment” exercise
- Rescue of a casualty suspended on the ladder from the fixed fall arrest system
- Rescue of a casualty suspended from the shock-absorbing fall arrest lanyard
- Evacuation from the tower top using the controlled rate descender (CRD)
Successful delegates will receive a GWO / Renewable UK Certificate of training and their training will be logged on the WINDA database of wind industry training records.
(Successful completion involves satisfactory assessment of the delegate during the practical exercises.)
Delegates must be in possession of a current GWO / Renewable UK Working at Height & Rescue – Wind Turbines qualification.
)If your qualification has expired, then you must attend the full 2-day course to regain it.)
Delegates should be physically fit and capable of fully participating in the course, particularly all of the practical exercises.
Delegates will be required to sign a statement declaring that they are medically fit to complete the training and that they do not suffer from any medical illness or are under the influence of alcohol or narcotics.