Duration: 1/2 day
Venue: Wexford Training Centre
Certification: Renewables Academy Certificate (Valid for 3 years)
This course is designed for fitters and operators who mount and maintain abrasive wheels.
Attendees will become familiar with employer and employee duties regarding the use of work place equipment under relevant legislation.
- Relevant legislation
- Health and Safety hazards
- Components of an abrasive wheel
- Causes of accidents
- Methods of storing and handling
- Methods of inspecting and testing
- Functions of components used including Flanges, Washers, Bushes and Nuts used in mounting
- Assembling and balancing components
- Dressing Abrasive Wheels
- Apply the correct procedure for mounting, operating, handling and storing of abrasive wheels.
- Understand the principles of wheel selection
- Understand all information displayed on the disc
- Test and maintain wheels safely