Duration: 1/2 day (Max 6 trainees)
Venue: Customer premises
Certification: Renewables Academy Certificate (Valid for 3 years)
This course is designed to raise awareness of the dangers caused when large vehicles reverse.
It also introduces physical techniques and hand signals to assist drivers with this manoeuver.
Trainees will also receive the necessary skills to assist other drivers and banksmen.
- Ensure safe passage of reversing vehicles
- Identify areas of danger within the site
- Demonstrate recommended code of signals
- Guide large goods vehicles, both rigid and articulated, using the above code of signals to HSE guide notes HSG 136 standard
- All trainees should be familiar with the latest version of the highway code
- Trainees should wear appropriate PPE during the practical elements
- A suitable private area to be made available for the practical element of the course
- A suitable vehicle to be supplied, preferably of a similar type the yard is usually in receipt of