First Aid Refresher
Duration: 1 day
Venue: Wexford Training Centre
Certification: Renewables Academy Certificate (Valid for 2 years)
This is a QQI level 5 course and is open to anyone who currently holds a valid Occupational First Aid Certificate.
This one-day refresher course covers a comprehensive range of topics to prepare the qualified Occupational First Aider to administer emergency care in the workplace. Participants will learn a high level of practical skill and theoretical knowledge, so that they can deal competently with any situation that may arise in the working environment.
- First Aid in the Workplace
- CFR / AED
- Respiratory Assessment
- Altered Levels of Consciousness
- Burns & Scalds
- Electric Shock
- Patient Assessment
- Wounds and Bleeding
- Musculoskeletal Injuries
- On completion of this course participants will be able to:
- Deal with First Aid emergencies
- Provide necessary first aid within the workplace
- Understand and demonstrate essential life saving skills
Successful participants will be re-certified as First Aiders.