Duration: 1/2 day (Max 10 trainees)
Venue: Renewables Academy/Customer premises
Certification: Renewables Academy Certificate (Valid for 3 years)
This course is designed to give trainees the skills and knowledge to carry out basic manual handling tasks while avoiding injury.
- H+S Legislation
- The working environment and work hazards
- The mechanics of the spine and body
- 8 principles of safe lifting
- Injury prevention
- Practice of safe lifting techniques
- To be able to assess the task, individual, load and environment
- To understand the mechanics of the human spine and its limitations
- To be aware of the principles of safe lifting
- To be able to recognize safe and dangerous movement
- To be aware of your duties under SHAWW 2005
Trainees will be required to demonstrate safe lifting techniques and therefore must be physically capable of lifting in order to participate in this course.